The Data Protection and Records Management Department within the Foundation for Social Welfare Services was set up in 2018 to coordinate issues related to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation that came into effect in May of that year. The function of records management was added in 2020.
The central roles of this directorate are the following:
- training of staff in matters related to data protection in collaboration with the FSWS training Department;
- updates of various data protection-related documentation;
- data protection impact assessments;
- data sharing agreements with our partners; and
- consultancy on data protection issues for staff members.