Home-Based Therapeutic Services is a sister service of the Community Services, forming part of the Agency for Community and Therapeutic Services. The principles fostered by the service are that of the:
- Family Preservation Model;
- Use of outcome measures;
- Client-Centred Philosophy; and
- Strengths-based Perspective.
Psychotherapy, family therapy, and counselling services are offered to individuals and families, in the context of their own home or communities to:
- Preserve families with children up to the age of 18 years;
- Strengthen the family context in a way which ensures the well-being and safety of children; and
- Support parents or carers in bridging their relationships with their children.
Home-Based Therapeutic Services is composed of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, providing therapeutic support to families, children, and individuals around Malta and Gozo.