The social work office at St Vincent de Paul Long-Term Care Facility deals with social and institutional problems that residents face, including.
* Access to pensions
* Any pending bills that residents need assistance with
* The need for Guardianship or a curator
* Legal issues
* Allegations of abuse
* Problematic relationships with relatives and among residents themselves
* Substance abuse
* Requests for discharge (even against medical advice)
* Relocation to other elderly homes.
* Difficulty in settling in
* Money management